Friday, July 12, 2013

A Rose by any other name...

Image from Wikipedia.
It seems like London is the place to come for roses. Literary masters referenced them often and they're highlighted in almost every garden. Not to mention all the coats of arms and sigils featuring the majestic flower. My favorite, however, is a different sort of Rose. The kind that travels with the Doctor. Rose Tyler was the first companion in the Doctor Who revival and while I don't believe her story was the most impactful, she did have a profound effect on the doctor.

At the end of the day, though, I didn't meet Billie Piper and had to satisfy myself with the images I did collect through Regent's Park. If you're ever in London, and have the chance, I highly recommend any of the royal gardens. They are impeccably maintained and the atmosphere is created by both the flora and the locals. Popular for a quick walk, picnic lunch, or afternoon nap, the gardens and parks of London are a welcome relief to the hustle/bustle and traffic dodging.

Today was especially fun for me because we spent so much time out-of-doors. I need a little green space everyday in order to feel balanced and while these past couple of days have been FANTASTIC I now know what I was missing: my center. Reset button pushed. All is well again.

I don't want to deprive you of any of today's flowers, so I thought I'd share a bunch of them because they were all so lovely. However, this one was definitely nearly my favorite.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment