It's been a whirlwind of a visit, arriving an hour later than planed yesterday and losing one of our group to travel complications. But you know what? That pint of Guiness in the Gravity Bar made it all worth it.
You may not know it, but I'm not a beer drinker. I wish I were. I wish I could appreciate a good lager, porter, stout, or ale, but I haven't the palette for it. I'm weak. But apprarently that doesn't matter when you're in Dublin. You know why? Because I drank an entire pint of Guinness. And...I liked it. I drank a pint and I liked it (you know you were thinkinga about Katy Perry there). For some reason beyond my comprehension, Guinness does not travel well. So every time I've tried it at home, someone else has had to finish it for me. They're never sad about this, mind you, but I was always sad.
Guinness isn't the only thing that's less bitter in Dublin. The air was fresher than both London and Paris. The people nicer than in Cardiff. The pubs packed with atmosphere.
What I'm really trying to say is, Dublin - I love you. I could live here. You win the capital city game.
No comments:
Post a Comment