Monday, July 8, 2013

Did I mention it also travels in time?

Time travel in the TARDIS may be all fun and games, but real-life time travel is exhausting. I left Washington around 9pm EST and arrived in London around 11:30 GMT. That's a difference of 14.5 hours, but it's really only about eight hours of flight time. Ergh...brain hurt!

Got to the FSU Study Center and it wasn't until after I'd unpacked my bags that I was able to appreciate the actual building in which we're staying. Parts of the building date back to the 1600s! Located in Bloomsbury, I am literally a stone's throw from the British Library.

After a quick orientation and practical tour, a handful of us headed to a local pub for dinner. Burger and chips and a beer all for less than 8 quid! And it was fantastic! Granted the taste buds may be a little dulled from all that travel and exhaustion, but...it was pretty good food.


One of the Study Center's PAs recommended The Montagu Pyke as somewhere to get a cheap burger and beer. You had better believe that half of us jumped at the opportunity for a cheap, easy dinner accompanied by a calming beverage.


I had a British cider that I can't remember the name of...but as you can see, the name didn't matter much because it didn't last long.

Tomorrow should be a little more relaxing as we spend the majority of the day in the classroom. The best part is that dinner tomorrow is "on the house" at the Marlborough Arms Pub. I didn't really intend for it to be, but this trip may be just as much of a gastro-adventure as a photo-journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment