In case you didn't know, I'm basically in London to take pictures.
Okay, sure, there are legitimate academic pursuits, but you better believe I'm a little click happy on my camera. That's okay. I'll be that person in the class. Accept your role in life and move on.
However, despite how much of a shutterbug I may pretend to be, I really am an amateur who happens to get lucky sometimes. So even though I'm using a camera with sophisticated options, I'm really not using too many of them. For example, the ISO setting is what allows you to adjust the camera's sensitivity to light. I know that the lower the ISO number, the more light is needed for good exposure, which means you need a longer shutter speed to let light in for longer. AKA, way over my head. So that luck I was talking about - while at dinner, which was in a relatively dimly lit pub, I tried to set the camera on A mode, which emphasizes the aperature (shutter speed).
It was almost an epic fail, because I couldn't get the shutter to close until I turned the camera off. Momentary panic set in until I turned it back on and all was well. I say it was almost an epic fail because I got the following shot and I LOVE it. It's probably a photography fail, but I love it anyway. ISO win!
We made it all the way to Hyde Park and it had ALREADY been taken down. ISO Fail!
Oh well, let's turn that frown upside down...we got to Hyde Park just before sunset and it was simply stunning. Not only could you feel how relaxed people were, but the park itself is gorgeous, so I obviously took more photos. This one was another potential photo-fail, but I liked the way the setting sun framed Lauren as she grabbed a shot of her mascot.
Tomorrow we're off to the Museum of London and to St. Paul's Cathedral - stay tuned for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment